1. When do we collect personal data about you?
We collect and process a certain amount of information, which may include personal data about you when you access and use the Application, in particular when :
- you fill out any information form on the Application, including when you register or update your user account information,
- when you use the Application, in particular when you transfer personal data about yourself to other users.
2. What personal data are we collecting ?
a. User's contact details
When you register on the Application, you will be asked to fill in a certain number of personal data necessary for the creation of your user account and enabling you to identify yourself when you connect to the Application.
b. Login data
When you log-in to the Application, we collect your login information, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers when you access or use the Application, whether or not you are registered as a member of the Application.
c. Application Usage Data
During your use of the Application, you may transmit to other Users of the Application certain data concerning you such as, in particular, data about your interests, the composition of your family, a description of your accommodation (if you offer accommodation), your language skills and your travels.
3. For what purposes and legal principles do we collect your personal data?
We collect, process and store your personal data for the following purposes:
- As part of the proper administration of the Application, we may also collect your personal data in order to send you emails regarding your registration on the Application, technical notifications, updates, security alerts. The processing of your personal data is therefore also based on our legitimate interest in administering our Application.
Subject to being made anonymous and unable to identify you, we may also use your personal data in order to compile statistics on the use of the Application.
4. Who will be able to have access to your personal data ?
The personal data belonging to you will only be accessible by authorized persons and for the purposes strictly necessary for their respective missions. This may include members of the following teams: customer service, support and technical assistance.
In addition, we may share your personal information in the following situations:
- Your personal data may also be communicated, if necessary, to the police services (on judicial requisition) or to any person judicially authorized to receive this information (on judge's order).
5. How will your data be stored?
We take care to secure users' personal data in an adequate and appropriate manner and have taken the necessary precautions in order to preserve and have our hosting subcontractors preserve the security and confidentiality of the data and in particular to prevent them from being distorted, damaged or communicated to unauthorized persons.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of storage of electronic information is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee either the security of the data transmitted to us or the security of the personal data we store. Any possible security breach will however be notified to you in strict compliance with the applicable regulations.
All the personal data we collect is stored in the European Union. We do not transfer personal data to third parties outside the European Union.
All personal data will be destroyed immediately upon deletion of your user account on the Application. Your personal data will also be destroyed if you have not logged into your user account for a period of one (1) year.
They may, however, be archived on separate databases in order to meet our legal obligations for a period not exceeding five (5) years from the date of archiving.
8. Enforcement of your rights
In accordance with European regulations on the protection of personal data, you have the following rights:
- A right of access that allows you at any time to know whether or not your personal data is or is not processed by our services and when it is, to have access to the said personal data and to the information required by law concerning the way in which this data is processed,
- A right of rectification allowing you to request that any inaccuracies concerning your personal data shall be corrected as soon as possible,
- A right of deletion, allowing you to request as soon as possible that your personal data shall be deleted, provided that such a request for deletion complies with the conditions required by the applicable law,
- A right to limit the processing of your personal data, provided that this request for limitation complies with the conditions required by the applicable law,
- A right to portability allowing you to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to request that such personal data be transferred to another data controller, provided that such request for portability complies with the conditions required by applicable law,
- A right to object to the processing of your personal data for reasons relating to your particular situation provided that such objection complies with the conditions required by the applicable law,
- The right to set guidelines for the storage, deletion and disclosure of your personal data after your death.
- In the event that the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
These rights may be carried out by contacting us directly at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints related to the use of your personal data may also be addressed to the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés, 3 Place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 PARIS CEDEX - FRANCE.